<$BlogRSDUrl$>


KEEP TRACK OF WHAT'S GOING THROUGH DAVE MUNGER'S MIND ON ANY GIVEN DAY WITHOUT HAVING TO TALK TO HIM. FIND OUT WHAT SORT OF BELIEF SYSTEM YOU OUGHT TO SUBSCRIBE TO IN ORDER TO PLEASE DAVE.

Links . . . . . . . . Archives . . . . . . . .

NEW POLL QUESTION:

Should Congress have intervened in -mumble mumble-?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Nothing a person can do turns my stomach quite like reminding me of myself at the age of fourteen, and no one weds so many of the right ideas to such eye-wateringly repellent personality disorders as a typical Objectivist. My last posting here concerned my first participation in the Carnival of the Capitalists, which concerned my first fisking, and which concerned Reganomics. Martin Lindeskog (EGOIST), while kind enough to include my piece, felt compelled to rebut it by linking to this irrelevant turd, which was laid upon Ronald Reagan's grave to call his cooling corpse to task for the grave offences of prioritizing national security objectives, not knowing the future, leading an assault on women's right to have their children's heads torn off (by appointing constructionists to the bench), and using the apparently obscene word "faith" to refer to the concept of faith. The author has no problem with Reaganomics, which was the subject of my post. He properly defines faith as belief without proof, then proceeds to denounce it as if it meant belief without evidence. I get the impression that if his father told him "I have faith in you, son." he'd punch him in the face. We get it, bitch, you think you don't believe in God. Now if you'd invest in a dictionary, maybe you wouldn't crap your pants every time a statesman reiterated what ought to be self-evident: That once a person, principle, or institution has demonstated itself worthy, it is appropriate to place a certain amount of faith in it. Looks like I'm going to have to do at least one more long Reagan post.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?