<$BlogRSDUrl$>


KEEP TRACK OF WHAT'S GOING THROUGH DAVE MUNGER'S MIND ON ANY GIVEN DAY WITHOUT HAVING TO TALK TO HIM. FIND OUT WHAT SORT OF BELIEF SYSTEM YOU OUGHT TO SUBSCRIBE TO IN ORDER TO PLEASE DAVE.

Links . . . . . . . . Archives . . . . . . . .

NEW POLL QUESTION:

Should Congress have intervened in -mumble mumble-?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Sunday, June 29, 2003

If any state legislatures still want to save their anti-sodomy statutes, the only way that they can possibly do so is by following my simple, two-and-a-half step plan:

Step 1 - Stop acting like retards.
Step 2 - Amend the local anti-sodomy laws to the effect that they shall not be enforced against "consenting adults in the privacy of their own homes" (or possibly on any private property).
Step 3 (optional) - Further tweak them so that they apply, at least in
theory, to heterosexuals, thus disarming the discrimination argument.

Popular support for repeal has always been based on the premise that
anti-sodomy laws inevitably lead to intrusions upon the private lives ofadults. Reasonable defenses of these statutes (such as the one in this article) have always been based on the fact that they are not meant to be applied in that way, and needn't ever be so applied.

BTW, the talk show host reffered to in the above link is Kennedy

* * *


First they came for the terrorists, and I did not speak out because I was not a terrorist.

Then they came for the rioters, and I did not speak out because I was not a rioter.

Then they came for the illegal aliens, and I did not speak out because I was not an illegal alien.

Then they came for the flag burners, and I did not speak out because I was not a flag burner.

Then they came for the convicts and non-citizens who were suspected of
conspiring to commit various felonies, and I did not speak out because I was a non-convict citizen who was not suspected of conspiring to commit any felonies.

T o _ b e _ c o n t i n u e d . . .

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?