<$BlogRSDUrl$>


KEEP TRACK OF WHAT'S GOING THROUGH DAVE MUNGER'S MIND ON ANY GIVEN DAY WITHOUT HAVING TO TALK TO HIM. FIND OUT WHAT SORT OF BELIEF SYSTEM YOU OUGHT TO SUBSCRIBE TO IN ORDER TO PLEASE DAVE.

Links . . . . . . . . Archives . . . . . . . .

NEW POLL QUESTION:

Should Congress have intervened in -mumble mumble-?
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Monday, March 03, 2003

Emails/ I Get Emails/ I Get Stacks And Stacks Of/ Bizzare, Enigmatic Emails!



From: Georgina Mahlig
Subject: I was in tears wmunger x


>Would like to leave us? show mesdabtevjhnhifvoomhyemy

>I have no difficulty in starting or holding my bowel movement.

>`Very deep,' said Arthur, `you should send that in to the "Reader's Digest".

>They've got a page for people like you.'"


The “show me” part was a spammy looking link to: http://www.wmunger@feelgreatinthenewyear.com/r/ , whatever that is. The quote at the end is Arthur Dent’s reply near the begining of Douglas Adam’s best known novel “The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy” (and on the first episode of the TV series, just before Earth is destroyed) when Ford Prefect says, “Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”


From: Daryl Urbielewicz
Subject: Re: Line?


>"Why aren't you in a more interesting business?"

(A big empty space followed)


>Like to say good bye? show me

>"`I think you ought to know that I'm feeling very depressed.'"


I received this one prior to that last one, and the subject line had me convinced that I’d written something online about a Line. I can’t place that last line, but it sounds faintly Arthur-Dent-like to me. There was no link apparent in the email, but when I pasted it onto a word processing document to annotate it, this URL appeared in the empty space:
http://www.wmunger@abahosting.net/ml/wel2.html?the=ry
Now I’m afraid of these URLs, because I think that if I go there I’ll be on a list of people who respond to spam.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?